Fangyuan Chair Professor
Fangyuan Chair Professor Sept. 2016 – Present
Professor and Dean June. 2009 – Sept. 2016
School of Engineering
Member of the National “1000 Talents Plan”
Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering Jan. 1998 – Feb. 2011
Department Chairman June. 2006 – June. 2007
University of California-Riverside, California, USA
Professor Aug. 1997-Dec. 1997
Associate Professor 1994-1997
Assistant Professor 1991-1994
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Assistant Professor 1990-1991
California State University at Los Angeles, California, USA
University Research Fellow/Lecturer 1989-1990
University of Manitoba, Canada, USA
1. Portable/wearable biomedical devices
2. Microcapsules for biomedical imaging and drug delivery
In the People’s Republic of China:
♦ Inauguration Fund of “1000 Talents Plan” Research and Development. Sun Yat-Sen University, Jan 1, 2010-Dec 31, 2014, Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Innovation Team on Nano-mechanics and Nano-engineering, Guangdong Provincial Government. July 1, 2010-Dec 31,2015, Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Development Fund for Biomedical Engineering Platform, Sun Yat-Sen University, Jan 1, -Dec 31,2014, Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Development Fund of Provincial Key Laboratory for Sensor Technology and Biomedical Instruments, Nov 1 2011-Present., Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Development Fund of Municipal Key Laboratory for Biomedical Instruments. Nov 1 2011-Present, Qing Jiang as PI. .
♦ Study of the key technology and product development of 3D printed implantable titanium medical devices Mar 1, 2015-Mar 31,2018, Qing Jiang as PI.
In the United States of America:
♦ Development of MEMS Sensors with Automated Calibration. U.S. Department of Navy and 3eTI Corporation, May 1, 2009 –Dec 31, 2012. Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Development of Micro Pressure Sensors with Automated Calibration – Task Order 5. U.S. Department of Navy, 3eTI Corporation and UC MICRO, October 1, 2008 –Dec 31, 2011. Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Oscillatory Characteristics of Nano-Clusters Encapsulated in Carbon Nanotubes – Phases 1, 2 & 3. Raytheon Missile Systems. March 1, 2007 --- August 31, 2010.
♦ Development of Micro Pressure Sensors with Automated Calibration – Task Order 4. U.S. Department of Navy, 3eTI Corporation and UC MICRO, August 1, 2005 –Dec 31, 2009. Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Analysis and Simulation of Thunder Actuators. U.S. Department of Defense. April 1, 2007 – September 1, 2009.
♦ A Hybrid Atomic / Continuum Model for Mechanical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes, National Science Foundation, Oct 1, 2002 - Sept 30, 2006, Q. Jiang as PI
♦ Design of Micro Pressure Sensors with Built-In Calibration, U.S. Department of Navy, Jan 1, 2003 - Aug 31, 2005, Q. Jiang as PI.
♦ Development of Micro Pressure Sensors with Automated Calibration – Task Order 3. U.S. Department of Navy, 3eTI Corporation and UC MICRO, June 1, 2005 – Dec 31, 2006. Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Development of Micro Pressure Sensors with Automated Calibration – Task Order 2. U.S. Department of Navy, 3eTI Corporation and UC MICRO, June 1, 2004 – Dec 31, 2005. Qing Jiang as PI.
♦ Development of Micro Pressure Sensors with Automated Calibration through a Wireless Network – Task Order 1. U.S. Department of Navy, 3eTI Corporation and UC MICRO, Aug 1, 2003 – Jan 31, 2005. Qing Jiang as PI, Zhengyuan Xu as CoPI
♦ Development of a Hybrid Atomic/Continuum Model for Instabilities of Oceanic Sediments with Methane Clathrates, CaliforniaEnergy Institute, July 1, 2003 – June 30, 2004. Qing Jiang as PI
- Kang, T.; Hua, X. L.; Liang, P.; Rao, M. Y.; Wang, Q.; Quan, C. Y.; Zhang, C.; Jiang, Q. “Synergistic reinforcement ofpolydopamine-coated hydroxyapatite and BMP2 mimicking peptide on the bioactivity of PMMA-based cement”. 2016,Composites Science and Technology, 123, 232-240.
- Chunyang Zhang, Zhu Wang, Chunan Wang, Xiongjun Li, Jie Liu, Ming Xu, Qing Jiang, Wei Wang,Zhong Cao. Highly uniform perfluoropropane loaded cerasomal micro-bubbles as a novel ultrasound contrast agent. 2016, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, 8, 15024–15032.
- Jingxian Huang, Chongdai Luo, Wanbo Li, Yan Li, Yu Shrike Zhang, JianhuaZhou, and Qing Jiang, “Eccentric Magnetic Microcapsules for Orientation-specific and Dual Stimuli-responsive Drug Release”, 2015,Journal of Materials Chemistry B,3, 4530-4538.
- Di Gao, Ming Xu, Zhong Cao, Jinbiao Gao, Ya Chen, Yingqin Li, Zhe Yang, XiaoyanXie,JiangQing,Wei Wang, Jie Liu. Ultrasound-triggered phase transition cationic nanodroplets for enhanced gene delivery. 2015,ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces,7(24):13524-37.
- Zhong Cao, Wenjian Zhu, Wei Wang, Chunyang Zhang, Ming Xu, Jie Liu, Shiting Feng, Qing Jiang, XiaoyanXie. Stable cerasomes for simultaneous drug delivery and magnetic resonance imaging. 2014, International Journal of Nanomedicine. 9:5103-5116.
- Zhang, H.; Shi, Y. P.; Lan, F.; Pan, Y.; Lin, Y. K.; LV, J. Z.; Zhu, Z. H.; Jiang, Q.; Yi C. Q. “Detection of single-digit foodborne pathogens with the naked eye using carbon nanotube-based multiple cycle signal amplification”. 2014,ChemCommun50, 1848-1850.
- Zhe Yang, Xingen Luo, Xiaofang Zhang, Jie Liuand Qing Jiang. Targeted delivery of 10-hydroxycamptothecin to human breast cancers by cyclic RGD-modified lipid–polymer hybrid nanoparticles. 2013,Biomedical Materials, 8: 523-3533.3
- Xiongjun Li, Yu Wang, Tan Xiao, Qing Jiang, Jiashi Yang, Effects of Mass Layer Stiffness and Imperfect Bonding on a Quartz Crystal Microbalance. 2013.IEEE Sensors Journal,13(2): 574-580.
- Lin Jin, Ting Wang, Mei-Ling Zhu, Michelle K. Leach, Youssef I. Naim,Joseph M. Corey& Zhang-Qi Feng, Qing Jiang. Electrospun Fibers and Tissue Engineering. 2012.Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 8(1). 1-9.
- Jin Lin, Feng Zhang-Qi, Zhu Mei-Ling, Wang Ting, Leach Michelle K.&Qing Jiang .A Novel Fluffy Conductive PolypyrroleNano-Layer Coated PLLA Fibrous Scaffold for Nerve TissueEngineering. 2012.Journal ofBiomedical Nanotechnology, 8.779-785
- X.H. Wang, Q. Jiang, “Developing nanoscale inertial measurement systems with carbon nanotube oscillators,” Nanotechnology, 19, Article 085708, 2008.
- Q.S. Zheng, B. Jiang, S. Liu, J. Zhu, Q. Jiang, Y. Weng, L. Lu, S. Wang, Q. Xue and L. Peng. Self-Retracting Motion of Graphite Microflakes. Physical Review Letters, 100, Article 067205, 2008.
- S. Qin, Y. Hu and Q. Jiang, ''Oscillatory interaction between bubbles and confining micro-vessels and its implications on clinical vascular injuries of shock-wave lithotripsy.,'' IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 53, 1322-1329, 2006.
- J.W. Kang, K.O. Song, H.J. Hwang, Q. Jiang, ''Nanotube oscillator based on a short single-walled carbon nanotube bundle,'' Nanotechnology, 17, 2250-2258, 2006.
- Q. Wang, T. Hu, G. Chen and Q. Jiang, ''Bending instability characteristics of double-walled carbon nanotubes,'' Physical Review B, 71, 045403, 2005.
- L. Wang, Q. Zheng, J. Liu and Q. Jiang, ''Size dependence of the thin-shell model for carbon nanotubes,'' Physical Review Letters, 95, 105501, 2005.
- Y. Hu, S. Qin and Q. Jiang, ''Characteristics of acoustic scattering from a double-layered micro shell for encapsulated drug delivery,'' IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 40, 341-350, 2004.
- J.Z. Liu, Q.S. Zheng, Q. Jiang, ''Effect of bending instabilities on the measurements of mechanical properties of multiwalled carbon nanotubes,'' Physical Review B, 67, Article 075414, 2003.
- Y. Zhao, C.C. Ma, G.H. Chen and Q. Jiang, ''Energy dissipation mechanisms in carbon nanotube oscillators,'' Physical Review Letters, 91, Article 107455, 2003.
- Q.S. Zheng, J.Z. Liu, Q. Jiang, ''The excess van der Waals interaction energy of a multiwalled carbon nanotube with an extruded core and the induced oscillation,'' Physical Review B, 65, Article 245409, 2002.
- Q.S. Zheng, Q. Jiang, ''Multiwalled carbon nanotubes as gigahertz oscillators,'' Physical Review Letters, 88, Article 45503, 2002.
- J.Z. Liu, Q.S. Zheng, Q. Jiang, ''Effect of a rippling mode on resonances of carbon nanotubes,'' Physical Review Letters, 86, 4843-4846, 2001.
- 基于模型补偿法监测积尿过程中动态尿量的方法 (Chinese Patent: CN201310616304.6, Q,jiang,Q,Wang and G.M,Zhou, A Method of Monitoring Urine Volume dynamically based on Model Compensation)
- 低负荷膀胱尿量实时监测与自动报警方法(Chinese Patent: CN201210428420.0,G.Z,Liu,Q,Jiang,R,Song and Q,Wang, Monitoring and Alarming for bladder filling with low loading)
- 一种穿戴式下肢助力装置及其控制方法(Chinese Patent: CN201310614794.6, J.W,Gao, J.P,Wu, Q,Jiang, R.H,Li and Y.N,Li, Wearable Power Assisting Device and Control Method for lower limbs)
- 排尿感知检测方法及装置(Chinese Patent:CN201310392336.2, Q,Jiang and G.Z,liu, Detection method and device for Bladder Sensation)
- 一种静脉显影仪及显影方法(Chinese Patent: CN201310372128.6, Q,Jiang and J,Luo, A visualizer and Enhancement Method for Vein)
- 基于生物电阻抗的膀胱积尿实时监测方法及装置(Chinese Patent:CN201310080354.7, Q,Jiang ,H.P,Wang and R,Song, Monitoring bladder method and device based on bio-impedance)
- 一种三维电纺纤维支架的制备装置及制备方法(Chinese Patent: CN201310026760.5, Z.Q,Feng, Z.Z,Ren ,L,Zhan and Q,Jiang, A device and Method for TriaxialElectrospinning Scaffold)
- 一种高反差高锐度的医用微型近红外血管显影镜头(Chinese Patent: CN201410002419.0, J,Luo, Q,Jiang and X.Z,Jia, A miniature near-infrared Imaging lens for blood vessel with high contrast and acuity)
- 一种用于生物电阻抗检测技术的同心圆式金属体表电极及其制造方法(Chinese Patent: CN201110023155.3, W,Z, Q,Jiang and R,Song, A Method of Concentric Circles Surface Electrode for Bio-impedanceTechnology)
- 大规模静电纺丝机(Chinese Patent: CN201310183866.6 , Z.Q,Feng, Z.Z,Ren ,L,Zhan and Q,Jiang,Electrostatic Spinning Machine on a large scale)
- 一种正压呼吸机的机械通气控制方法及呼吸机(Chinese Patent: CN201310473565.7, Q,Jiang, Y.C,Xu，Y.X,Luo, K.J,Zhou and J.X,Liang, One kind of CPAP control method and the relative machine)
- 一种模拟人肺自主呼吸运动装置及控制方法(Chinese Patent:CN201310317397.2, Q,Jiang,Y.C,Xu，Y.X,Luo, Y.J,Zhang and J.X,Liang, A simulation device and related control method for human lung respiratory motion)
- 一种用于呼吸波形图像识别与预警的装置(Chinese Patent: CN201310082383.7,Y.X,Luo, Y.B,Gao, Q,Jiang, J.X,Liang and W.H,Zhou , A method and apparatus for the respiratory waveform image recognition and early warning)
- 塔板型灌注式生物反应器流场测速方法及其实现装置(Chinese Patent: CN201310225408.4，Y.X,Luo, Y.B,Gao, Q,Jiang, Y.H,Gong and W.H,Zhou ,Tray type perfusion bioreactor flow velocimetry method and the relative apparatus)
- 一种双层循环系统的灌注式生物反应器及其应用方法(Chinese Patent: CN201310197609.8 , Y.X,Luo, Y.B,Gao, Q,Jiang and Y.H,Gong, One kind of double circulation system of the perfusion bioreactor and its application)
- 一种呼吸机控制方法及应用控制方法的呼吸机(Chinese Patent:CN201310211298.6, Y.X,Luo, Y.B,Gao, Q,Jiang, J.X,Liang and Y.C,Xu, A apnea machine control method and the relative CPAP machine)
- 不受睡眠姿势影响的胸部呼吸信号采集方法及系统(Chinese Patent:CN201410311693.6. Q,Jiang, G.M,Zhou, G.Z,Liu and Y,Wang, Method and system of chest breathing signal acquisition unaffected by sleep posture)
- 一种交互式胎儿心电快速自动提取方法(Chinese Patent:CN201410311531.2，Q，Jiang, Y,Liu and Q,Liao, A fast automatic extraction method of Interactive fetal electrocardiosignal)
- 一种基于双通道的生物阻抗的潮气量监测方法及装置(Chinese Patent:CN201310563020.5，G.Z,Liu, G.M,Zhou, Q,Jiang, Y.Y,Wu and Y,Wang, A method and device to monitor tidal volume based on dual channel biological impedance)
- 一种基于生物电阻抗的睡眠姿势识别方法(Chinese Patent:CN201310321043.5, Q,Jiang and H,Xu , A recognition method of sleep posture based on bioelectrical Impedance)
- 一种左右肺呼吸阻抗相关性分析方法及系统(Chinese Patent: CN201410231498.2,Q,Jiang, G.M,Zhou, G.Z.Liu and Y.Wang, A correlation analysis method and system of left and right lung respiratory impedance)
- 基于生物电阻抗的睡眠呼吸模式识别方法及装置(Chinese Patent: CN201210557165.Q,Jiang ,H.B,Wang and R,Song, Recognition method and device of sleep respiration pattern based on bioelectrical impedance)